Safety and Quality
Orion’s integrated EHSQ management system provides the framework and requirements for how we protect the environment, care for our people, keep our employees safe and delivering the highest quality products and services for our customers.
Orion is a leading supplier of premium carbon black, a widely used essential product.
- We put safety first as we keep our employees, contractors and communities healthy and safe.
- We are committed to delivering sustainable solutions for the planet and future generations.
- We protect the environment, comply with all regulations and are excellent stewards in energy management.
- We are dedicated to continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations.
- We make trust and respect the foundation of all our relationships.
— Orion CEO Corning Painter, March 1, 2023
American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care® Guidelines
Chemistry is essential to the products and services that help make our lives safer, healthier, and better. Through Responsible Care®, our industry has made a commitment to improve our environmental, health, safety, and security performance. Accordingly, we believe and subscribe to the following principles:
- To lead our companies in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy, and the environment.
- To design and develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used, and disposed of or recycled safely.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors, and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport, and disposal of chemicals and provide hazard and risk information that can be accessed and applied in their operations and products.
- To design and operate our facilities in a safe, secure, and environmentally sound manner.
- To instill a culture throughout all levels of our organizations to continually identify, reduce, and manage process safety risks.
- To promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste, and conservation of energy and other critical resources at every stage of the life cycle of our products.
- To cooperate with governments at all levels and organizations in the development of effective and efficient safety, health, environmental, and security laws, regulations, and standards.
- To support education and research on the health, safety, environmental effects, and security of our products and processes.
- To communicate product, service, and process risks to our stakeholders and listen to and consider their perspectives.
- To make continual progress towards our goal of no accidents, injuries, or harm to human health and the environment from our products and operations and openly report our health, safety, environmental, and security performance.
- To seek continual improvement in our integrated Responsible Care Management System® to address environmental, health, safety, and security performance.
- To promote Responsible Care® by encouraging and assisting others to adhere to these Guiding Principles.
CEO Corning Painter, June 12, 2022