Speciality Carbon Blacks are the most widely used pigment for making black printing inks. In comparison to other coloring and tinting materials, Carbon Black provides high efficiency in combination with excellent fastness against light, temperature and various chemical substances.
When talking about products for Printing Systems we cover the full range of printing applications from high volume offset printing inks, to flexo and gravure inks and inkjet, toner and other speciality ink applications. We can test and share experience to find the most suitable product for various printing substrates and a wide range of binder systems from oil based, solvent based to water based and UV curing ink systems. Our customers has the possibility to chose from a product range mainly differentiating by key parameters such as surface area, aggregate structure and surface chemistry. We enable producing high quality printing inks with excellent fit to the final application in regards to optical density, hiding powder, gloss, holdout, rheological properties and storage stability.
Among other application fields Carbon Black is of highest importance for the following areas in Printing Systems:
- Flexographic and gravure printing inks for publication and packaging
- Coldset printing inks for Newspaper
- Heatset and sheetfed printing inks for publication and packaging
- Toner for laser printers and copy stations
- Inkjet inks for small office and industrial applications on various substrates
- Screen inks for various substrates and printed electronics
- The smaller the primary particle size, the higher is the optical density of ink films, the more brownish is the undertone and the higher is the viscosity of printing inks
- The higher the structure, the higher is the viscosity impact, the easier is the dispersibility and the better is the hold-out
- The lower the structure, the higher is the gloss of the ink